Friday, March 23, 2007

Proud to have been an Indian Fan - Tribute to a living legend

I'm waiting to hang my boots - watching and following cricket - if and when Sachin Tendulkar does hang his. The only crowning moment that would have still eluded my eyes since I started to follow cricket (since I had entered my kinder garden) is that of Sachin gleaming with a shining World Cup in his hand. It would be more sentimental exit for me than probably it would be for the master himself. More than a cricketer, he has won the hearts of millions and millions of cricket fans across the globe by being an example to man kind. I do not want to analyse his achievements on the field and failures as each and every time he took the field, we, his true fans, believed that we achieved something or the other in our own life. So, we have reached as many milestones in our life as the master has reached in his. At such an age to be in such euphoria - probably the phenomenon occurs once in a century and to have lived parallely through that phase cherishes me the most in my life. Sachin - whatever you have achieved or whatever you have not - the way you took the rise and fall would be a lesson for every legend in the becoming. Whatever happens - we are there behind you and trust us - we are not one among those who booed you in your hometown and finally, when you do leave the field for one last time, it would be a tearful exit from cricket for me as well... I promise...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nimmy said...

I just can't imagine you staying away from cricket, brother. This post of yours almost gave me a lump in the throat. Hope you find some thing else to fill the void...

10:03 AM  
Blogger Nathan Ram said...

I was speaking with Guru annaa the other day and we were discussing in length about having wasted a considerable portion of our life in this game and we need to reconsider following the murder of Bob Woolmer and the Indin loss... Understandably, it was a tough decision to make and I did make it with a heavy heart... As you said, I hope I will get something else to fill in the void...

Ram...

10:38 AM  
Blogger sameer said...

nice post thank for sharing this.
ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Schedule
ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Schedule PDF

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home