Thursday, May 31, 2007

Kanimozhi plunges into Politics

MKs daughter has been given a much expected political entry and is slated to start as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha next week. I personally am a person who hates that party she would be representing in the House, the DMK. Whatever has been spoken about her entry in the Political arena and how-much-ever negatives of the Family Politics is brought forward by the opponents using this opportunity, I would like to wish her all success here. I have had a chance to read a couple of interviews and watch a couple of her interviews on the web. I have also had an opportunity of visiting the website she runs with Karthik Chidambaram (karuthu.com), which kind of popularized even before the Social Networking Revolution over the Internet for exchanging constructive thoughts in a stream-lined manner among level headed people. The way in which she responds to controversial questions and the way in which she answers to every question in a calm and composed manner tells me that she is in Politics to stay and these are the kind of people who we need to transform Indian Politics into a good space. I'm pretty sure that she would respect the thoughts of her opponents if it needs to and she knows the way to put forward counter-statements as well without practicing the cheaper version of Politics. I'm a hundred per cent sure that there might be a lot of situations where she would differ from her party's stand and I'm interestingly looking forward to the way in which she would respond and the way in which the party would respond to her as well... Anyways, I take this opportunity in wishing her on a great opportunity ahead to voice her genuine concerns of the society in the parliament...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherin Nizar said...

would you still wanna stick to what uve written? OR rewrite ur opinion after 2G thingy?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Nathan Ram said...

Sherin, I wrote this blog in May of 2007 when Kanimozi was about to start as a Rajya Sabha MP wishing her and reflected my high views on her personality and traits which I knew at that time... It would be surprising for people and others who know my anti-DMK stand... I almost forgot about this entry myself until day before yesterday and thought of writing another article in the wake of the recent developments in the 2G spectrum case and also co-incidentally you left a comment along that lines as well... It's very unfortunate that politicians nowadays pose as different selves and seem to be earning their entry into Politics and once that is achieved, start to degrade politics and in this case, Kanimozi has degraded to a new low by destroying the image of lakhs and lakhs of core workers who spilled their blood and sweat for the party... I will only hope that the law prevails and she gets what she actually deserves as the punishment for whatever her involvement in 2G was... I have to say that I got deceived by the way she posed herself before she actually entered politics which made me think high of her at one point in time, which I realize now, is wrong... I wish her the worst for the remaining 2G Spectrum trial...

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home